[ramblings] My 10 minutes of fame

One of the things I've noticed about living here in Seoul is that "socialization" often equates to "eating food or drinking coffee." While I don't have a problem with either of those things, I've been looking for new ways to switch it up. So when one of my friends approached me about attending a dance showcase and workshop in the Gangnam area a few weeks ago, of course I said yes.

While I love to dance, I am by no means a dancer. I was not looking to attract attention to myself or my dance moves (... or lack thereof). But when you're hanging around some extroverted, dance-machine waygookins (or foreigners) here in Seoul... you're bound to get noticed. We got pictures taken, videos recorded... and while I had some nice person take this photo here:


... I definitely didn't expect this picture below to end up online.

... Ah, the joys of living in an expat community. You never know where your pictures will be plastered for the entire world to see.

BUT another lesson learned: You can find other things to do in Seoul to have fun besides eating (that is, if you want). If anyone ever has any great ideas feel free to let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment