[life] Dongdaemun Design Plaza

I left Korea at a very young age, but I remember coming back for vacations every few summers. My family also spoke Korean at home, so I never felt like I was a "tourist" per se. And now that I'm living here in Seoul, I rarely feel like I'm just visiting - which to be honest, has kept me from exploring more of the touristy sides of Seoul.

However, my college friends are coming into town tomorrow and they have an itinerary chock full of touristy things to see and do and eat. After browsing their list, I realized that I hadn't really taken advantage of all that Seoul has to offer. So this past weekend, a couple of friends and  went to check out DDP - Dongdaemun Design Plaza!


Designed by architect Zaha Hadid, DDP showcases beautiful architecture in the form of a curvaceous, sleek structure. Inside, you can find amphitheaters, museums, shopping, food and just areas to enjoy the modern/traditional design concepts of Korea.




We went there at night, and when lit up - DDP is amazingly beautiful. For those of you visiting Korea for the first time, I would definitely recommend it - and for those of you like me who feel like you "know" Korea - maybe there are some spots out there that you haven't seen... check it out, it just might surprise you!

(thank you to my friend Jun Hye for the pictures!)

To get to DDP, head to Dongdaemun History and Culture Park station, exit 1

No comments:

Post a Comment